7.1.07

.Science
Free Will: Now You Have It, Now You Don’t - New York Times: "I was a free man until they brought the dessert menu around. There was one of those molten chocolate cakes, and I was suddenly being dragged into a vortex, swirling helplessly toward caloric doom, sucked toward the edge of a black (chocolate) hole. Visions of my father’s heart attack danced before my glazed eyes. My wife, Nancy, had a resigned look on her face.

The outcome, endlessly replayed whenever we go out, is never in doubt, though I often cover my tracks by offering to split my dessert with the table. O.K., I can imagine what you’re thinking. There but for the grace of God."

Blog Archive

New Links about technology (new and old), disinformation, humor, security, gaming, hardware, and whatever I like.
Some friends found them useful, so I started collecting them in a weblog.
Homepage